Hooray for field trips! Everybody loves field trips, and you don’t have to let the fun be limited to classrooms. Scheduling one or two events each year for your mother-daughter book club, or even any mother-daughter pair, lets you find different ways to connect. And here’s another plus for planning your own field trip: you don’t have to ride a school bus to get there.
Here are a few ideas for places to go and things to do that can deepen your appreciation for a book and each other.
- See a new-release film version of a book you read.
- Visit an ethnic restaurant related to food featured in a book.
- Attend a play adapted from a book.
- Look for a museum in your area related to something you read. Who knows what quirky thing you’ll find?
- Travel to a historical site from the time featured in a story.
- Go see an author appearing at your local library or bookstore.
Once you start talking about possibilities, you’ll probably come up with lots more ideas of your own.