Cindy Hudson, book club expert, author, writer, journalist, editor
Hi I’m Cindy Hudson and I’m the author of Book by Book: The Complete Guide to Creating Mother-Daughter Book Clubs (Seal Press ). I also publish e-books aimed at helping book club members plan their meetings. Currently I offer 13 guides and three collections for book clubs that include a review of the book, an exclusive interview with the author, ideas for book-related activities, discussion questions and recipes. A complete list of the guides and e-books can be found here under Book Club Planning Tools and at my Amazon author page.
I am also a freelance writer whose stories have appeared on the pages of national trade magazines, daily newspapers, local and regional publications, best-selling anthologies, as well as online forums. For nearly 10 years I wrote weekly community news articles for The Oregonian, Portland’s major news publication. My articles on family literacy appear frequently in the pages of regional parenting publications throughout the U.S. and Canada. Here are examples of my articles.
- 11 Tips to Hook Reluctant Readers
- 15 Laugh Out Loud Books for Kids and Teens
- Five Ways Funny Poems Help Kids Read
Want to learn more about me as a writer? Check out my professional website CindyHudson.com.
About Mother Daughter Book Club.com
When I founded two mother-daughter book clubs with my daughters, they were each nine. Now, they’re 24 and 21, and it’s no exaggeration to say that our whole lives have been affected by our book clubs. Over the years we’ve become close friends with other club members, and my daughters and I have talked through all sorts of difficult issues because we read about them in books.
I started this website in 2007 because I couldn’t find the kind of information on the Internet that would help me choose books for my groups and plan my meetings. I aim to provide that resource to mother-daughter book club members and readers everywhere. I also feature ideas that come in from other club members, librarians, bookstore owners, publishers and readers. Check back often for updates and be sure to send in your book reviews, reading lists or ideas for other features you’d like to see posted. You can reach me at: info@motherdaughterbookclub(dot)com.
Here’s what you can do on this site:
- Look for interviews and Q and A’s with some of your favorite authors.
- Peruse book lists and reviews to help you choose the best books for your book club.
- Find out more about my guidebook for mother-daughter book clubs and how it can help you start a book club, schedule activities, and problem-solve through the years.
- Learn about meeting planner guides that provide you with an exclusive author interview, suggested activities, discussion questions and companion recipes.
- Read the newsletter, then sign up to have it delivered to your inbox by adding your email address to the subscribe button in the right-hand column.
So stay a while and look around. Then send me a note if you have a request or want to submit something.