When the weather allows, everyone in your book club may appreciate the chance to get outside when you gather to have a meal and talk about your book. Especially is the characters in the book go on picnics, as they do in Goose Girl by Shannon Hale. And if the weather’s not great? You may just decide to move that picnic indoors.
Karen’s Picnic Fixings
Provide the following for mix and match according to taste:
- Sweet pickles, dill pickles
- Olive assortment
- Fresh carrots, broccoli, cauliflower with veggie dip
- Sauteed sweet red, green and yellow peppers
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Sliced cheese assortment
- Mustard, mayonnaise, ketchup
- Wheat bread, sourdough, rye, tortillas
You can grill sandwiches if you’re serving your picnic where there’s access to a grill. Serve with ice cream sundaes or banana splits for dessert.